• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Support Category card layout looks weird

ak38

License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Hi and thanks for a great addon,

Unfortunately for me out of the box it display many many resources per row and very tall and narrow so I can't read the descritption and the picture is warped.

Please can you help me solve this.

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
Hey @ak38

Do me a favor and send admin access via conversation so that I log in and check things for you. (it shouldn't be like that, so it seems your settings have a problem somewhere.)

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
Let me know if it is fixed?

(also, feel free to upload new icons for resources with higher quality. My add-on let you add higher quality icons to let you have nice looking list of resources)

ak38

License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
It looks much better.

How do i make it look the same as your demo ie 3 cards per line?

Also how do i activate the back of the card, I ticked this in the settings but nothing happens on roll over?

Thanks for all your help

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
Actually, it wasn't a bug with the add-on. I think it was a cache problem with your server. I just did a few things to clear the cache so that it reads the variables used in the add-on to set the size of the cards.

how do i activate the back of the card, I ticked this in the settings but nothing happens on roll over?
no need to do anything. Just click on "More" on each card, and it will turn over to show the back side of the card.

How do i make it look the same as your demo ie 3 cards per line?
There is templated named dadparvar_xfrmresourceslayouts_resource_list_twosidedbusinesscard.less. Inside that, there there is width: (@_thumbSize) / 1.6; set for .itemList-item. If you change that 1.6 to lower, the cards will be bigger. I set it to 1.3 now, and now you have 3 per row.

ak38

License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Almost there,

How do i change the location of the stars so it is the same as the demo image?

How do i change the font size to the same as the demo, mine seem larger.

Can I change the number of resources to show per page? at the moment it seems to show 20

Thanks

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
How do i change the location of the stars so it is the same as the demo image?
I moved the stars to Above The Title (for some reason mostly related to responsiveness) Even here on Xen-Pro you see stars above the title.

How do i change the font size to the same as the demo, mine seem larger.
Use style properties. There are properties for title and tag line and backside as well. At the bottom of the page of style properties.
aaa.jpg

Can I change the number of resources to show per page? at the moment it seems to show 20
Sure. In Resource Manager's options, there is one called "Resources per page". Change that to anything you want.
bbb.jpg

ak38

License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Thanks, what is the price band for? how do i make a resource that is for sale? where is the option.

Also Is it possible to apply this layouts to only 1 category.

Ideally i would have a category for forum products and only have this styling for this category.

Thanks very much

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
Thanks, what is the price band for? how do i make a resource that is for sale? where is the option.
Price tag is something that will be shown when you set a price for a resource. See the demo video to see it.
(ask the questions related to XFRM from Xenforo Community. My add-on is just adding a new layout to that add-on. That add-on itself is for Xenforo and they will support you. But for now, you can set price for the resource when you are creating it. If you check "External purchase " then you can set price. But Xenforo still doesn't support selling uploaded files.)

Also Is it possible to apply this layouts to only 1 category.
No, unfortunately, XFRM itself doesn't have that option yet. If they once add it, I'll add support of it to my add-on too.