Supported Resources per row

ChrisTERiS

License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Hello,

In the previous version there was an option to set resources per row. Actually if I remember well, I was able to set different amount for tablets, smartphones etc. Now I can't find this setting and as I can understand from what I'm seeing (have only one resource) must be 4 per row.

Also I seen in your demo that you've landscape thumbs. Mine appears a block with same dimension. Have set 300 X 200 in options even if I read that still does not works. Do I need to edit again resources.php?

Last, but not so important. If it can be done ok, otherwise I'll disable "More" button. Is it possible in the back side to show just text from the description?

Thank you
Chris

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
In the previous version there was an option to set resources per row. Actually if I remember well, I was able to set different amount for tablets, smartphones etc. Now I can't find this setting and as I can understand from what I'm seeing (have only one resource) must be 4 per row.
Xenforo changed the responsive system in XF2. You can see it in XFMG as well. Those options are gone. (I'll see if I can make some guides to get your goals or not. But I will stay with XF2's standard at all as it will be a future problem for you if I change the standard)

Also I seen in your demo that you've landscape thumbs. Mine appears a block with same dimension. Have set 300 X 200 in options even if I read that still does not works. Do I need to edit again resources.php?
That is because of the new responsive system. If you force 3 resources per row, then it will look so nice with 300x200, as it was in my demo. (if I find a way for above item, it will help you in this one too)

Last, but not so important. If it can be done ok, otherwise I'll disable "More" button. Is it possible in the back side to show just text from the description?
You mean you want to hide resource's details from back side?

ChrisTERiS

License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
You mean you want to hide resource's details from back side?
Yes to hide everything and show only a part of description text. Bootstrap has a feature (in css) to show so much text as much is the block side, don't know if xF has something similar, otherwise 250 chars is ok. But as I said this is not so important.

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
And something else that I just noticed in my demo installation. Don't remember well the version xF1, but is this the way that works?

Main page shows correct layout: http://www.turkika.com/xf2/index.php?resources/

Category shows default layout: http://www.turkika.com/xf2/index.php?resources/categories/example-category.1/

How I can have category listing to use the same (yours) layout?
That's right. It only shows the new layout in main page. I'll add support of category page in next update.

ChrisTERiS

License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
I'll add support of category page in next update.
Very fast update, I must admit it :) I seen it at xenforo.com
Is it possible to share what modifications you did in you demo to show 3 resources per row and thus the image to be landscape mode?

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
Is it possible to share what modifications you did in you demo to show 3 resources per row and thus the image to be landscape mode?
You mean you want something like this?
123.jpg

Sure.

Open this template: dadparvar_xfrmresourceslayouts_resource_list_twosidedbusinesscard.less

In line 81, change 1.6 to 1.3.

Let me know if it's what you want.

ChrisTERiS

License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Hello and Happy New Year,

Just today I found time to work with it, but seems that I can't configure anything correct.
Check at: https://www.turkika.com/index.php?resources/categories/example-category.1/

My questions are:

1.- In version for xF1 I was edited Resources.php and changed width for thumb from 90px to 250px, but now I can't find such a filename and the directory structure is different.
2.- I want to show 3 items per row, I follow your instructions before but still shows 4 per row. To be honest, as I've only one item now, I suppose that it will shows 4 as the width is low.
3.- How I can change the padding/margin between Rating/Title/Tagline to look like the attached mockup?
4.- Which style do I need to edit to set border-radius 0px for the item block?

Thank you
Chris thumbstyle.png

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
1.- In version for xF1 I was edited Resources.php and changed width for thumb from 90px to 250px, but now I can't find such a filename and the directory structure is different.
Even if you change the file, whenever you upgrade the XFRM add-on, it will go back to original size. So, you should extend it using an add-on. But I think I'll add an option to add-on to let you easily set a number and since then, it will save the icons in that size.

2.- I want to show 3 items per row, I follow your instructions before but still shows 4 per row. To be honest, as I've only one item now, I suppose that it will shows 4 as the width is low.
You want to show 3 resources per row and you did what I said and didn't work? may I have admin access to do it my self? also create 4 or 5 resources so that we see the result after testing.

3.- How I can change the padding/margin between Rating/Title/Tagline to look like the attached mockup?
use add-on's style properties for "Title"
sp.jpg

4.- Which style do I need to edit to set border-radius 0px for the item block?
I added a style property for you to be able to control the border radius.
sp1.jpg

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
I checked your site. Instead of 1.3 I wrote 1.2 in line 81 and now is 3 per row.

Attachments

ChrisTERiS

License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Yes I seen it, thank you. But why the image streches only the width and not the height? Have you fixed height for image block?

ChrisTERiS

License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
The Resource icon is saved at 90 X 90?? This is that I've understand that's why the image appears so terrible. eg the original image that uploaded is 320 X 320

thumbtest.png

Nothing in common with what appears in the listing

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
Yes I seen it, thank you. But why the image streches only the width and not the height? Have you fixed height for image block?
The card has a fixed height. Just like XF's standard.
But I have plan to make some improvements when I implement the icon resizer in future. (These days I became again busy. You may know why. This is why again I find less time working on things and I just focus on porting paid add-ons or doing the custom requests asap. Hope to be able to do things soon for this too)

The Resource icon is saved at 90 X 90?? This is that I've understand that's why the image appears so terrible. eg the original image that uploaded is 320 X 320
That's right. I'm not sure why XF developers are not adding a single simple option to control the icon size, in both XF1 and XF2. (whenever I add that option, you will have nice looking resource list)

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
Btw, you can manually change the height of them if you want.

ChrisTERiS

License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Can you guide me where the width setting is? Is not a problem if I'll loose it in a future xF update. In xF1 was (if I remember well) at: lib/Resourses.php. Now?
Also where I can manually edit the height?

ChrisTERiS

License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
I gave up with xF2. Needs long time to have all needing plugins available.
To speed up my time can you please give me a help hand in 2 points:
1.- Which css I must edit to add text-align:center; for Title and Tagline?
2.- If it can be done, which template to edit to move star rating below thumb and above title?

Thank you

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
I gave up with xF2. Needs long time to have all needing plugins available.
Yes you did the good choice. Wait a few months to migrate to XF2. Let developers find out everything and come out from beta status in their XF2 add-ons too. Then you can safely migrate.

You can ignore No 1 as I found it. What I'm trying to find now is how to change rating color. Is there any opacity there and empty rating does not appears clear?
https://www.turkika.com/index.php?resources/
can you make this request as new thread with its own title please? it's even related to XF1 version so totally unrelated to this topic. I'll answer it as I go back home.

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]