Supported Swift News Ticker Images

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
Hi,

I checked your site. Ticker seems to be working fine. Is your problem just displaying image in feeds in swift ticker? which kind of swift ticker are you using? custom, social, or feed? how you set the options? (which version of add-on are you using? I can't see you having a license of News Ticker here. Can you confirm your purchase please?)

oxrageous

News Ticker
License Validated
Confirm my purchase? What do you want to see? A Paypal receipt or something?

This is the RSS feed. I select "Hidden" for images yet I'm still getting images.

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
Confirm my purchase? What do you want to see? A Paypal receipt or something?
Yup. That would be enough. Then i can add license to your account (I guess you purchased it from sellfy)

This is the RSS feed. I select "Hidden" for images yet I'm still getting images.
May I have access to admin and check this addon's options and templates? Shouldnt be a bug, or even if its a bug, should be fixed easily.

oxrageous

News Ticker
License Validated
Transaction details
Payment sent to Hamad Azimi
June 9, 2016 at 6:46:23 PM EDT
Transaction ID: 5RG241801G944394A
Payment Status: COMPLETED

Gross amount
-$29.99 USD

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
Make sure you are using the latest version. I'm going to check it again.

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
Do you use image behavior option? That is not to show/hide image on the news feed. It's for the behavior of the image when you click on it.

Use this code to hide the image in your EXTRA.css and let me know if this is what you need?
Code:
.lcnb_img{
    display: none !important;
}

oxrageous

News Ticker
License Validated
I upgraded to the newest version, and now I can't get anything to show up at all. Everything disappeared, despite having all the same options checked. Even the dedicated page went away.

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
I upgraded to the newest version, and now I can't get anything to show up at all. Everything disappeared, despite having all the same options checked. Even the dedicated page went away.
Have you set the user group permissions of the add-on? Pretty sure its not a bug in addon. Ticker has a lot of customers and long time no report.

oxrageous

News Ticker
License Validated
Interestingly, when I log out I can see everything as an unregistered user, but when logged in it's gone, despite the permissions being the same. All user groups are set to see the ticker but it appears only unregistered can see it.

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
I checked your site again. Swift ticker is now working as you want and images are also gone.

The last thing to check is users' access. If I get an admin access, I can take a quick look and see what is going on there.

I think there is no bug and it's just your configuration. I even installed a new XF local and installed the add-on to make sure it works fine. and no problem here.

Let me know how can I help you.

oxrageous

News Ticker
License Validated
As I said, Swift Ticker works fine if you are a guest. If you are logged in, no dice. This changed when I upgraded the add-on.

If you could go ahead and join my board I'll give you admin access to check it out.

oxrageous

News Ticker
License Validated
I was able to fix the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the addon. General question: any images that get pulled have solely to do with the RSS feed, correct? I have a feed that never shows images, even though every one of their articles have images.

oxrageous

News Ticker
License Validated
Also, on some sites, the images that are pulled are tiny thumbnails, so when they are blown up in the feed they are blurry. Is there anything that can be done on my end about that?

oxrageous

News Ticker
License Validated
I really like this addon, so forgive all the questions as I really want it to work. I have an issue on my site, which you can test, in which it bounces back and forth when hovering over it, instead of freezing in place.

Dadparvar

Administrator
Staff member
License Validated
Resources Layouts [XF2]
Pricing Tables [XF2]
I was able to fix the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the addon. General question: any images that get pulled have solely to do with the RSS feed, correct? I have a feed that never shows images, even though every one of their articles have images.
maybe that website is limiting the image and don't put it in the feed? The add-on is just reading the feed, not the articles directly.

I have an issue on my site, which you can test, in which it bounces back and forth when hovering over it, instead of freezing in place.
Can you explain in a way that I reproduce it and eventually if that was a bug, I fix it?

(sorry for late reply. Being busy these days - also if you can, open new thread for new bugs or suggestions or support requests)