Implemented Thumbnail Dimension

Discussion in '[HA] XFRM Resources Layout' started by ChrisTERiS, Jan 14, 2018.

1. ChrisTERiS

ChrisTERiS New Member Resources Layouts [XF2] License Validated

Hello,

It's the 3nd time that I'm asking for it and still didn't got any clear answer. "How I can modify thumbnail dimensions?"

Ok, I got your meaning that this is something that you'll add in one of the next updates. But as you're talking for automatic setting, I thought that, just like in version for xF1, I'll be able to change manually the dimension by editing the core files.

For example in version 1, I was editing the file library/XenResource/Model/Resource.php
    Code:
    public static $iconSize = 96;

and I was able to have bigger thumbnail, appearing nice in the grid. Where on earth this setting is in version 2?

Thank you

2. ChrisTERiS

If there is no solution, please say it clear. Is much better to hear a bad news, than to waste my time waiting.

Honestly, I've a big complain. I paid for custom work to port this really great addon to xF2. But what I got has nothing in common with the great xF1 version. Sure you added that fliping card. Nice, can't say no. But useless for me. I was expected something, exactly as the version that I was using and I was loving. Never asked for new features.

And with a fair point of view: What is the most important to this addon? The grid Layout. And what is the most important part in a Layout? The Photo. In all designs the photo is the most important part. So, if I can't have a good thumbnail, or better, if thumbail appears so ugly, who will use it? Who will give attention to flip card? Nobody.

3. Dadparvar

Dadparvar is a Verified MemberDadparvar Administrator Staff Member License Validated

Hey Chris,

I wasn't for a few days. That's why nobody heard anything technical from me anywhere.

But my answer to your requests:
    • If you need support about XFRM, including how to change icon size, it's the XF team that is responsible to support you. No one else in the world. It's the same about all add-ons. Even me when I was using 3rd party add-ons, and their developers were using the XF's features and so it had bug, they were asking me to ask XF to help, not themselves. Even if you look at the XF1 version of my add-on, I never provided answer to this question to anyone, other users provided tutorial and I just quoted them. (Anyway, I decided to help you about it, and I told it too, but I also told that I'm not available for a few days, and you also said that you changed your mind about using XF2 for now, and you also asked me for support in XF1 version and that means I could forget about it and focus on my other works)
    • You paid for exact copy of it's XF1 version for XF2. Right. But from a developer's sight what is exact copy? let me tell you (you will see it in other add-ons even from big developers like Bob and ...). When an add-on is using core's layout of XF1, then if the add-on be ported to XF2, it will use XF2 version of that layout, not the old XF1 version of it. I was using Grid View of XF1. Now I had to use new layout of XFMG2 for you but that really is ugly and I was sure you wouldn't like it. So, I wasted too much of my time bringing a fancy user friendly layout for you. (If I knew you would complain, be sure I would save my site and would bring the same thing for you and for any change in future I would ask for additional payment)
    • I didn't have access to say where to edit to increase the icon size, even now I don't have and I may get access to development environment till night. But I'm so wondering why you never asked XF to answer this question? You know that I'm one the fastest in community when talking about support (even for free works), but you never could guess why I'm not answering you for more than a week?
    • To make you and all others happy, I told you that I will make an option for you to change the icon size, and that means that no matter if you asked or paid for it or not, I'll spend 1 more hour to add this option to make things easier for you. But I still didn't do that, and you, instead of realizing me and guessing that maybe something happened to me or I'm busy for something, you complained me?
    • And last thing: I'm sure that when you were writing your first post in this thread, where you said how you change icon size in XF1, you opened a few posts in XF community or you opened your files and copied the piece of code + the address of file. How you expect me to tell it when I don't have access to files? I'm a normal person, I can't memorize all files structures and codes and answer to questions on the fly. I should have access to my dev tools and check things and let you know the answer.
    Anyway, that's OK. I'm also sensitive about time, and that is why I usually support customers or users fast. So I realize you. Btw, I'll tell you how to change Icon size when I get back tonight. If you also want the exact Grid View of XF1 let me know and I'll make another custom work for you but I won't share it and won't add features to it in future as I want to say goodbye to XF1 soon. And if you think you wasted your money for this add-on, again let me know, and I'll refund. I prefer to have 10 customers but all satisfied, than having 100 but 1 unsatisfied in that between.

4. ChrisTERiS

I'll not come along to reply in a so long message. As you know some more about me, things that I don't like to post in public, the only that I'll say is "Should be very happy if I was able to wait (I mean for next updates). While others can make plans for years ahead, I can't make plans even for months ahead. That's why I'm in rush".
    That's all and thank you.

5. Dadparvar

Dadparvar is a Verified MemberDadparvar Administrator Staff Member License Validated

Ability to resize icon is added in 1.4.0

ChrisTERiS likes this.
  6. ChrisTERiS

Thank you